County hosts free haz-waste drop-off Sept. 9 on Westside; preregistration needed“Clean Sweep,” a chance to get rid of household hazardous-waste, will be offered Saturday, Sept. 9, by the El Paso County Environment Division.
The location will be the parking lot behind the El Paso County Citizens Service Center at 1675 Garden of the Gods Road.
The time frame will be 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The event is free and open to residents of El Paso and Teller counties, but - in a policy that started last year - advance appointments are required, a press release states.
Registrations can be made at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-fall-clean- sweep-event-tickets-36075806709.
· Electronics: Televisions and computer monitors, limited to only three total per vehicle. Computers, printers, fax machines, laptops, notebooks, ultra-books, netbooks, electronic tablets, DVD players, VCRs, radios, stereos, video game consoles and video display devices with viewing screens greater than 4 inches diagonally
· Paint and paint-related products (stains, strippers, thinners, varnishes, etc.)
· Household chemicals (aerosols, ammonia, bleach, cleaners, lamp oil, etc.)
· Lawn and garden chemicals (fertilizers, pesticides, poisons, plant food, etc.)
· Automotive chemicals (motor oil, antifreeze, brake and transmission fluids, waxes, bug/tar/vinyl/chrome/engine cleaners, etc.)
· All types of batteries - lead-acid vehicle batteries and all types of household batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, and watch and hearing aid batteries)
· Business waste.
· Containers larger than five gallons, fluorescent bulbs and tubes, lab-grade chemicals, mattresses, medicines, tires, trash or recyclables and unlabeled or leaking containers.
For additional information, call El Paso County at 520-7878.
From a press release