'Gardening' opportunities this summer at Space Foundation's Discovery Center“Space Gardening” is the theme for the 2017 Summer of Discovery series at the Space Foundation's Discovery Center.
After an introductory event June 3, programs will continue on Saturdays through Aug. 12. Each will present a different sub-theme involving “special events, guests and activities,” a press release states.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Discovery Center is at 4425 Arrowswest Drive, off Garden of the Gods Road.
Summer of Discovery programs are included in the center's normal admission price - $10 for adults and $5 for children, with discounts for students, seniors and military.
Among the center's ongoing offerings are the Northrop Grumman Science Center, El Pomar Space Gallery and Lockheed Martin Space Systems Education Center. Also at the Discovery Center this summer is a “special interactive traveling exhibit, Roll, Drop, Bounce,” a press release states. “This totally kinetic and hands-on experience appeals to the wheel-spinning, ball-tossing and continuously-bouncing kids of all ages.”
Here is the list of Space Gardening days:
· Introduction to Hydroponics - Saturday, June 10.
· Fresh Food, Balanced Body - Saturday, June 17.
· Hydroponics Building - Friday, June 23, and Saturday, June 24.
· Planting Day - Friday, June 30.
· Space Food - Saturday, July 8.
· Hydro Fair - Saturday, July 15.
· Martian Miner Adventure - Saturday, July 22.
· Filtration and Conservation - Saturday, July 29.
· Harvest Festival - Saturday, August 12.
For more information, call 576-8000 or go to the Discovery Center's web page: discoverspace.org.
Westside Pioneer article