Westsiders invited to OWN's annual Town Hall March 9 at Buffalo Lodge
There is no charge. All Westsiders are invited.
The Town Hall will include an election to fill three positions on the OWN Board of Directors. Terms last three years.
There are nine board positions in total: three at-large and six specific geographic regions within an area once known as the Westside Neighborhood Strategy Area (NSA).
Any resident adult within that area can run for a board seat or vote in the election.
The NSA was originally established (along with OWN) as part of a Colorado Springs effort in 1978 to define (in an effort to upgrade) neighborhoods with blight concerns. It comprises much of the present-day 80904 and 80905 zipcodes (see map on this page).
Although not funded by the city since 2014, OWN is still the city-recognized neighborhood group for the older Westside.
Other scheduled Town Hall topics:
- Westside Avenue Action Plan (WAAP) project update.
- Avenue Task Force update.
- Avenue Merchants group update.
- Possible expansion of OWN boundaries to include unincorporated properties in the WAAP area (Colorado Avenue west of 31st Street).
- Proposal by business people and city government about narrowing West Colorado Avenue from four lanes to two lanes through Old Colorado City.
For more information, contact OWN President Welling Clark by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 661-8070.
Westside Pioneer article