Rock Island Railroad Festival at roundhouse Aug. 21-22
The annual Rock Island Railroad Festival will be the weekend of Aug. 21-22 at the Rock Island Roundhouse, 2333 Steel Drive.
Times are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days. To get there, take Fillmore Street and go south at Steele/Mark Dabling (past C&C Sand) until you see the roundhouse.
The $3 admission will include:
- Rides on a working 1947 streetcar.
- Tours of the vintage-1888 roundhouse, including the railway museum with memorabilia, maps, photos and models, and the restoration shop where old streetcars are being rebuilt.
- Running displays by different clubs of N, HO, O and G gauge track.
- Visits with rail historians.
- A Southern Pacific baggage car and Denver & Rio Grande caboose.
Food vendors will be on the grounds.
For more information, call 475-9508.
Westside Pioneer Article