Fire, smoke damage at W. Pikes Peak home

       A fire that broke out in a bedroom at 2323 W. Pikes Peak Ave. also caused smoke damage throughout the house June 23.

Colorado Springs firefighters finish up their work outside 2323 W. Pikes Peak Ave. after putting out a fire that had started in a bedroom of the house June 23. The residence also sustained extensive smoke damage, according to the Fire Department.
Westside Pioneer photo

       Two firefighters were treated and released (for chest pains and dehydration, respectively) at a local hospital after fighting the blaze.
       Crews from three Colorado Springs fire stations (including the Westside's Station 5) responded to the fire. The call came at 11:53 a.m. The fire took about 10 minutes to knock down and 25 minutes to fully control, according to Lt. Mike Smaldino of Station 5.
       The estimated loss was $15,000, and the cause was a short in a lamp cord, according to fire investigator Nancy Gosch.
       The homeowners are Michael and Barbara St. Clair.
       The 817-square-foot house on a 3,120-square-foot lot was built in 1898, according to Assessor's Office records.

Westside Pioneer article