6 free outdoor jazz concerts this summer at Bear Creek Regional ParkSix free outdoor concerts, each with a different band, will be offered this summer in El Paso County's Bear Creek Regional Park.
The first will be Wednesday June 21 at 6 p.m., featuring the Summit Jazz Ensemble.
The Bear Creek location is west of 21st Street, off Argus Boulevard. Bands typically play in a covered pavilion, with attendees spread out informally on the large, nearby grassy area.
The Bear Creek shows will be among a total of 14 in the area scheduled through August by the Pikes Peak Jazz & Swing Society (PPJASS). All those at Bear Creek are coordinated with County Parks' Summer Concerts in the Parks program.
Here are the scheduled Bear Creek dates (all are Wednesdays; note earlier time Aug. 30):
- June 21, at 6 p.m. - Summit Jazz Ensemble.
- June 28, at 6 p.m. - New Horizons Small Jazz Ensemble.
- July 12, at 6 p.m. - New Horizons Kick Band.
- July 26, at 6 p.m. - The Swing Connection with Laura Davis on vocals.
- Aug. 23, at 6 p.m. - Buddy Gordon Sextet.
- Aug. 30, at 5 p.m. - USAF Academy Band Falconaires & Alumni Band.
Formed in 1985, PPJASS promotes jazz in the community.
The full Jazz in the Parks schedule can be found at ppjass.org/events.html. The full Summer Concerts in the Parks schedule is at adm.elpasoco.com/communityservices/parkoperations/pages/newsandevents.aspx.
Westside Pioneer article