County Dog Park rules listed
Thinking of taking your dog to the El Paso County Dog Park (off 21st Street at Rio Grande)?
Here is a list of the county's basic rules (courtesy of the Friends of Bear Creek Dog Park):
- Participants agree to use the dog park at their own risk.
- Handlers are responsible for the actions of their dog(s).
- Dog(s) must be under voice command at all times.
- If your dog becomes unruly, leash it and leave the park immediately.
- Dogs must display a registration tag and be current on all vaccinations.
- Female dogs in heat and dogs under 16 weeks are prohibited.
- Handlers must have a leash at all times to move dogs through leash required areas and control their dog(s) if needed.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by adult.
- Runners, bicyclists and equestrians are not permitted in the dog park.
- All handlers must immediately clean up all feces after their dog(s).
Additional guidelines are available at elpasocountyparks.com.
To report a dog-related emergency, contact the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region at 473-1741.
To report concerns regarding dog park operations, contact El Paso County Parks at 520-7529.
Westside Pioneer article